MOMENT OF TRUTH, THE END: CHAPTER 2
JINHWAN
“You
never know what you have until it’s gone…”
“I
have nothing to talk anymore.”
I heard Bobby’s voice, reply to
Hanbin before turned to him and start to walk away. His voice sound so weak. At
that moment, I know something already happened to him. I know this is not Bobby
that I know all this year. I know this is not the same person that always teasing
me, making fun of me. I know this is not the same person who always be the
first one to his brothers. I know this is not my Jiwon.
“It’s okay, hyung. He want me to leave, then I
will… don’t worry about me. Don’t have to mind about me. I’m ok.”
Once again, I heard Bobby’s voice.
His voice sound very slow, more like his whisper to himself. I can saw he shut
his eyes, and tried to breathe deeply. After he open his eyes, all I can see
only sadness. The way he seeing our face one by one, the way he form a small
smile that not reach his eyes, the way he lowered his head, the way he start to
stepping away…
“You
will regret everything you done today, Kim Hanbin!”
I heard my manager voice snapped at
the moment Bobby disappeared from our sight. It was the first time I saw my
manager angry like that. He always calm, always chill. But for the first time,
he seem pissed off. It make me wonder, what exactly happened right now? Did
Manager Hyung hid something from us? About Bobby, especially.
“I will go to him. Three of you,
back to your dorm.”
My manager said firmly before
stepping away from us. I turned to faced Hanbin after I heard little noise of
door slam that told me my manager already enter Bobby’s room. I can see Hanbin
sad expression in his face. But I don’t know why. Why he was sad when this is
what he want. Right?
“Did you realize what are you doing,
Hanbin?”
Hanbin remain silent, not intends to
answer me. Few seconds later, Hanbin start to step away. Walking to the main
door, turning the knob and open the door. I can see his heavy step before he
disappeared behind the door. It make me throwing a signal to Yunhyeong and
Chanwoo to follow Hanbin. He is still our leader after all.
“Both of you can return to your
room. I’ll talk to Jiwon after Manager Hyung left.”
Donghyuk and Junhoe only nodded
after I finished my sentence. They know, all of us know that Bobby need someone
in this states. And it is me who Bobby’s trust among us. It is me who Bobby is lean
on countlessly.
***
“You
know you can tell me anything, right?”
I asked when I saw Bobby start to
pack his thing. He just nodded at me before continue packing. I do not know
what I can do more to make him stop. To make him change his mind. And to make
him stay. I do not know anymore. The moment he said that he already informed
Sajangnim that he want terminate his contract and leaving iKON, I know
everything had reached the end. Sometimes, when you are going too far, there is
no turning back.
“Take care of yourself, hyung. I am
sorry I cannot stay by you side anymore. I am sorry for everything that
happened because of me. I am sorry if during my time being your brother, I hurt
you a lot. I am sorry for not being the best brother to you. I am sorry, hyung.
Sorry. Please take care of our brothers for me. I will pass my duty to you, I
am sorry. Please tell them that I always love them with all my heart.”
Bobby’s voice sound cracked and when
I faced him, I can see tears already form in his eyes. I went to him and hug
him tightly. The strongest Kim Jiwon that I know looking so fragile right now.
He is so weak. He is so lost. He is so broken… What happen to you, Jiwonnie?
Why you hid it from me? Why you like to suffer alone? Did I am not trustworthy
enough for you?
***
Our
dorm is not as usual anymore. After Bobby left, nothing was fine. It was so
dark. So gloom. So empty. Bobby gone and he brings the joy with him. Bobby gone
and he take the smile with him. Bobby gone and he brought all the happiness
with him. Nothing left anymore.
“Where are you, Jiwon-ah?” I asked
in silent.
The relationship between iKON
members getting worse. No more silly jokes anymore. No more minor conflict that
ends with laughter anymore. No more late night conversation that ended with all
of us falling asleep together anymore. Bobby gone. And he brings all of our
hearts with him. Nothing left with us, anymore…
“I miss him, hyung…”
Said Donghyuk one day, two weeks after
Bobby left us. I know Donghyuk misses Bobby. He is one of the closest friends
to Bobby. The one that Bobby always count when he having his hard time.
Obviously, Bobby’s absence affects Donghyuk.
“Where has he been?”
Once again, Donghyuk voice keep humming
in my ear, weakly. I do not know what kind of answer I should give to him.
Bobby never answer my call, also never reply my text. I do not know. I am also
want to know where he is. Is he ok? Is he happy with his life now? I do not
know. I really do not know…
***
After
3 weeks of Bobby’s left, I received a letter after returned to the dorm after
my hectic day in the practice room. Everyday feel like hell after Bobby left.
We missing our mood maker and no one can turning up the gloomy atmosphere
anymore.
Slowly, I opened the envelope. As
soon as I seeing the letter, I know who the sender is. Only he has writing
style like that. Only him. Only Bobby. Our Bobby. I took a deep breath, before
reading one by one words that Bobby written. Each word he wrote, break my
heart. Is this what Bobby feels all this time? Why did not he tell me what he
felt? Why he always suffer alone. Why Bobby? Why?
Dear my Jinani,
How are you? I hope you always happy.
I am ok, really. You do not need to worry about me. You does not have to
comfort me. You do not have to pity on me. You do not have to stay with me. I
am fine. Really. I am used to be alone, hyung. To left alone. To suffer alone…
Nani Hyung,
I love you. I do not say it enough
but I do. I know, we do not agree on a lot of stuff but one thing we do, is
that we could not live without each other. Because of that, I am suffering
right now. I miss you, hyung. A lot.
Hyung-nim,
I always said this and I guess you
already tired of me because keep saying this. But hyung, I really meant it. I would
not have survived without you. You always encourage me. Always support me.
Always stay by my side when I need some friend the most. You know me better
than I probably do. I trust you all my heart and no time or distance apart
could ruin the bond that we have. So many jokes, tears, memories and laughter,
fights and dreams, we have come a long way and have much father to go. I am
glad I have you with me the whole way.
But hyung,
Life hurt a lot more than death. It
hurt me so much. It broke every piece of me when all of us laughed out. I just
want to give up, hyung. I am done with myself. I think, I am afraid to be happy
anymore. Because I know, whenever I do get too happy, something bad always
happens again. I hate myself so much because of this. And I think, death seem
more inviting than a life…
Kim Jiwon.
Bobby’s
letter ended like that. Without me aware, my tears falling apart. Suddenly I
felt something heavy in my chest. I blamed myself for not realize what Bobby
felt earlier. He always smile. He always laugh. I thought he is ok. I thought…
I thought he is…
***
Sajangnim
called out all of us the next day after I received Bobby’s letter. I know why
he calling us. I know… but, should he tell us as early as this? He need to wait
for Bobby. I know Bobby will come back later. He just went out for a moment to
calm his heart. He will be back to us. He was belong to us, right?
“Do
you know what you have done, Hanbin?”
That
was the first question I heard as soon as we stepped into Sajangnim room. I
turned to Hanbin. He just silent. I can see the sad expression on his face.
Why? Why he looks so sad? And it make Sajangnim sigh. Heavily.
“I
know I am not the person who should tell all of you about this. But, I think I
gave all of you enough time to fix all the problems. But, it’s getting worst
day by day. After Jiwon left, you are not yours anymore. So I think, I need to
make a move. To tell the truth.”
“The
truth?”
I
heard Hanbin asked. His voice sounds so weak. Too slow to being heard. Why is
he like that? This is my first time seeing him this powerless. He looks, so
broken…
“About
Jiwon. About what he hiding.”
Sajangnim
words made me felt uneasy. What was wrong with Bobby? What happened to him?
What does he hide from all of us? Why Sajangnim did not tell us about Bobby’s
decision to leave iKON? Is not that the reason why he called all of us?
“I
don’t want to hear anything about him.”
“He’s sick, Hanbin. He is in pain. He suffering cancer
right now. And if he does not undergo his treatment, his condition will worsen.
It will threaten his life.”
Sajangnim words make me speechless. I cannot accept this.
What kind of joke that Sajangnim gave just now? This is nonsense. Bobby was not
sick. The strongest Kim Bobby will not sick like this. No. Never. That person
Sajangnim said was not our Bobby. He is not my Jiwon…
***
Yunhyeong
came downstairs two days after we know the truth. He looked so mess. He looked
so worried. It make me wonder, what was wrong with him? What happened?
“Hyung…please help. Hanbin… he…he is
crying again…please hyung. We need to help him.”
Yunhyeong voice sound cracked.
Anytime he will burst into tears. It make me jump from my seat and rushing to
Donghyuk room. After calling him and Junhoe, we rush to the upstairs. More
specific, to Hanbin room. And what I saw after that, made my heart broke…
“I’m sorry Jiwonnie…please…I’m
really sorry. I don’t know…I don’t know…please…”
Hanbin said between his sob. He
looked so small… so fragile… It make Donghyuk rushed to him and hold him
tightly. I do not know what to do anymore. Bobby’s missing affect us so much.
The truth that he hide from us made it worse. If only Bobby still here. If only
I knew what happened to him. If only I was trying harder to care about him. If
only this had never happened. If only…
“You never know what you have until it’s
gone…” I said silently before leaving Hanbin’s room, letting Donghyuk comfort
his leader.
***

Comments
Post a Comment